View Single Post
      08-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
Tinbad
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

I'm in the market (California) for a new M50i and there's a nicely optioned local one 2020 with MSRP of $116k. Pretty much exactly like I would spec it except for the exterior color. Dealer originally offered about 5% off but after talking to a few other dealers in the area one said he could get close to 10% off on a custom order 2021. Which is tempting given its a newer MY and I can pick the exact color I want...

I went back to the first dealer with the 2020 in stock and now he says he can do 10% off MSRP on that (it includes the 4K August incentive). My feeling is I should be able to do better on a 2020 given it's outgoing MY, no? I know the options have changed but doesn't really affect the car in question (no night vision, no RSE).

Seems crazy to go with the 10% off a 2020 if I can get close to that (say.. 8/9%) off a 2021? Especially given that I will be able to pick my own color, etc. Of course with the downside of having to wait... Am I missing something?

Would love to hear from others what pricing they were able to negotiate recently... also on custom orders, what seem to be delivery times now? On the BMW configurator seems like selecting certain colors shows a disclaimer that order can be delayed by up to 10 weeks. Anyone order one of the affected recently? (E.g. tartufo leather)
Appreciate 0