04-26-2022, 03:46 PM   #23
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Was going to state very similar viewpoint. My other add would be in contrast to this as the demographic of the 7 may not use all the tech or be comfortable with it, however, as I type this I’m thinking that the generation who might now have this disposable income and has matured, probably grew up using tech so won’t be too foreign of concepts.
The thing is that even people who are say in their early 60s now were in their late 30s during the dot com boom. The internet was a thing, technology was a thing, etc. so older clientele should be more well versed in tech than prior generations. A lot of people work in tech/software now too, so the modern consumer prioritizes that 1st when shopping for a car (much to the chagrin of us enthusiasts).

Plus this car is going to be priced right in line with the Model S and Lucid Air, both of which seem to have a younger buying demographic than what this segment attracts traditionally. BMW has to entice those customers. One of my more senior colleagues is in his mid 50s and drives a 530e, but has a Lucid Air on order.
Appreciate 0