United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
You don't wear gloves!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
I have been riding quite a bit this summer. Unfortunately I picked up this three weeks ago:

Out on a group ride and some guy on a tri bike, who no one recognized, tried to ride up the middle of the group. To top it off, he was down in aero while making this move and we were already in a decent pace line doing about 28 MPH. He came together with the guy in front of me. I hit the back wheel and the next thing I noticed was the ground approaching my face quickly. So I covered up and just rolled with it. In essence, I protected my face/helmet with my hands as there was not a scratch on the helmet.

What you cannot see is the additional rash on my forearms, elbows, back and stomach. My bike fared surprisingly well with only a small paint chip and new tape and hoods for the levers. The tri bike did not fare well; a broken fork and frame. The other bike was toast as well.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0