03-15-2024, 10:57 AM   #34
chicagox7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Q7, 07 RDX, 23 X7 40i-soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhn2000 View Post
Speaking of rear screens, I was about to order a new BX7 to replace our loved 2022 and found out there is no more rear seat entertainment option.

“Unfortunately the rear entertainment system on the X7 has been discontinued in favour of the greater flexibility offered by the Travel and Comfort System (4FL). This will continue to be the case for the MY25 X7.”

No sure how this is better, I love the rear system now and its so easy with the kids to just put in the blueray and everything works. Any help on this would be amazing, I have young children and getting some ipads that can be ripped out of the car is now my idea of a friendly solution.
Not sure there’s much of an answer other than removable tablets. We have back seat protectors- in addition to the iPads- and store the iPads in the protector pockets when we park. We bought the BMW TCC for the headrest (even though one is on the back seat- the protector blocks the hook, though you can easily use the plug still). We bought iPad holders that connect to the headrest posts on Amazon and they seem to work well holding the iPads. The ones we have allow the arm to swing so that we can adjust as needed from the front seat should there be any issues (or if we want to turn them off for sleeping kids or just check out what they’re watching). We sometimes swap out the arm for the TCC connection and put the table in to alllw them to use that for drawing or whatever.

The one positive for us is that it prevents the kids from watching things on shorter trips/regular trips and keeps the screens for special/longer trips. If they were in the car permanently they’d ask to turn it on every time we got in……. (we remove the iPads and keep them in the house when not on long trips). That said- we are very conscious about removing them (we live in the city and they’d likely be gone if we left them out!).
Appreciate 0