10-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #10
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cle2600
I haven't really given it a lot of thought. It's a brand new lease so I'm afraid of modifying the car anyway. And I did get the N26, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

The only thing I was considering is putting different tires on than the factory installed run flats. I can put the run flats back on it when I return the car at the end of the lease. Suspension and shock tuning sounds a bit interesting. Improving the dynamics is always good. Where can I research more about them?
As I said, you CAN mod the N26 pretty aggressively and stay legal, there is just a lower ceiling and a smaller range of products. Thank goodness Dinan mods (and indeed races) the 228i.

As yours is a lease I would not advise any suspension mods unless you really don't care about throwing $4-6k on a car you don't own. Tuning the shocks is of limited value without replacing the springs. A Stage 1 tune might be the best thing to do, and leave it at that, if you want more power and torque.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0