JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
After reading numerous threads on various forums, I found mostly mixed reviews on upgraded street pads. A lot of the positive recommendations were for track oriented pads, which of course bring compromise when also running the on the street. I decided to stick with the stock pads seeing how well they have held up at the handful of track days I attend.

Regarding rotors, I ended up going with the ECS 2 piece front rotors and their similar geomet rear rotors. However, I didn't pick these for the look like I suppose some people do. After reading about potential cracking issues with cross-drilled rotors with hard track use, I was leaning towards factory blank rotors again. The factory rotors from the local dealers are spendy, and when ordered from online vendors, they have an expensive shipping cost. I picked the ECS rotors because after accounting for their free shipping, the higher cost over the factory rotors was minimal. The ECS rotors are also shipping sooner too, so I should hopefully have them in time to install before a road trip I have planned next month. It will be interesting to see if I can notice any difference with the lighter weight of the new front rotors.