View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #73
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
Hope the progress is going well. I thought I'd chime in as someone who is actually roughly the same size, age and goal. (I'm 32, 5'10").

In March I was 225lbs and I am now floating around 195 - 205.

I hit the gym 4 - 5 times a week with a similar routine, 25 mins treadmill. Hit the weights for 20 mins (varying routines) and 25 mins on bike. When I need to mix it up due to soreness or issues I hit up an RPM class as an alternative. My diet is simple. I try to watch what I eat and drink all the time. Keeping it low sugar, low fat, low carb. I know it has to be long term sustainable, so I am not overly strict, I just try to make good choices (we all know what good choices are (healthy options when eating out)) ideally all natural foods.

I know personally I hit a frustrating plateau at roughly 210 and I'm hitting it again now at 200. There are weeks where I notice there is less weight drop, but generally this could depend on multiple factors. So I keep the long term goal and simply set goals within my workouts knowing that weight loss is a slow process. Goal setting started with a 10 minute mile test on the treadmill. Now my goal is the 8 minute mile. Increase weight resistance where possible. All mini-goals to get to the overall goal of losing weight.

That's my journey.
Is that 8-minute mile on the treadmill or on the track or roads ? Anyway you just inspired, now I'm going to try to put in am 8-minurte mile or do whatever to get there.
Appreciate 0