Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I had a feeling the GLS would look good after the ugly ass GLE's remodel made it look attractive.

The GLS' interior is finally up to par with the times as well.

You're really just splitting hairs with both these cars. But given what I've seen from both BMW and Mercedes lately, I'll give the edge to BMW when it comes to interior material quality. It seems like all GLS' are shipped to dealers with MB-Tex. BMW wouldn't dare even offer Sensatec an option on the X7. Then there's some of the plastics in Merc cabins...
Could be worse, I sat in an $80k Audi Q8 with plastics up and down the door panel and super cheap feeling leather. Not too mention all the plastics were very VW Jetta-esque, Audi has some great interior designs (except for the new double touchscreen) but interior materials are far behind BMW and Mercedes.
Until recently Audi set the bench mark for luxury interiors. I always thought BMW and MB were lagging behind. I feel with the new x5 and X7 interior for the 1st BMW has surpassed Audi. I still put Audi ahead of MB the new large IPADish dash is not a good look.
Appreciate 0