View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 08:00 AM   #131
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
Wow, 15+ years! You must be an outlier, even on this dedicated BMW forum. I've had 3 BMWs, one for 3 years (335xi lease), 7+ years (current X5 35d), and almost 1 year (current M5 lease).

My Dad has me beat with his 2003 Z4 (currently almost 17 years old!)
My previous 1999 328i lasted me 8 years and 175k miles. I would've kept it except we had a kid and the baby stroller didn't fit in the trunk and car seat would not fit well in the back seat.

My wife plans to keep her X3 for 9 years then give it to our oldest son when he goes to college. (She wants to get a Maserati to replace it)

My current MB is 7 years old and been trouble free. Only reason we're getting rid of it is the kids are out growing the 3rd row in the wagon so we need a full size 3 row suv to haul the gang.

I've owned nothing but german vehicles for the past 25 years, with exception of one (which was bought back by the mfg) all have been very reliable.

The plan is for the X7 to be the family hauling vehicle. And to help kids move to/from college eventually. Once they are all done with college then I can retire the X7 and get a fun vehicle for myself (I'm seeing an M8 perhaps... .
Appreciate 0