View Single Post
      11-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFulton View Post
This is my next modification. Did your "butt in the seat dyno" notice a significant difference? I've heard that there is not much difference in comfort mode and you really have to use sport + to access all of the additional oomph?
Can you describe your results?
I'm also interested if the res-delete created any drone for you. I'd like the gurgle that comes with less restriction but is it too noisy? I assume you have an aftermarket exhaust also?
Cheers.
Hi Chris,

Yes, but to be honest I also did a Stage 3 upgrade over the Stage 2, so can't say it was because of the FMIC. Car pulls like crazy though! I love my res-delete. It's only louder on cold starts (I'm afraid I've probably woken up a few of my neighbors because I usually leave the house around 6a!), but definitely no drone (maybe a LITTLE around 2krpm, but not that much). Highway speed is good though. My exhaust is OEM MPE. The burbles/farts are a little more noticeable now though with the res-delete. I like the sound, but may not be for everyone
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 1