View Single Post
      12-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #16
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I have a 525rwhp M4 and I can use the power on the street. Its called throttle modulation With that said you are correct the stock M3 is faster than the M2 everywhere not just over 100. Maybe "Under 60 they feel the same" would be more true.

I agree the M2 feels smaller but IMO it doesn't really translate to the road as it weights pretty much exactly the same.

I am 1st on the list for an M2 CS but they'll need to fix the roof, interior, and give it some more weight savings before Ill actually buy it.

So to the OP if the choice is a current M2 vs M3 I take the M3 every day. Looks better, MUCH better interior even base, faster, engine feels more special, and the weight is about on par.
I really like the looks of the M3. But I have driven that car, at least in F82 form, as well as an M2, and there is no doubt in my mind which I like better as a driver. The M3 is simply not what it once was, in driver feel. The M2 IS what the M3 once was--back in the E36 and E46 days, at least. Since that is what I am coming from, that is what I want again. Money or power is not an issue for me between the two cars--I have two other cars that dwarf both in power and money out the door. The M2 manages to feel much smaller and nimbler than the M3, despite a negligible weight difference. That is what I want. And it's at a VPC right now, to the dealer in three days . I will bump it up to about 400 wheel horsepower, and enjoy the hell out of it.
Appreciate 0