View Single Post
      01-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #29
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownGlass View Post
I live just north of Barrie Ontario and had the same issue. Switch my thermostat to a Honeywell indoor air quality system. It controls humidifier/air exchanger/furnace all at once in winter. With indoor and outdoor temperature sensors, it detects rapid temperature changes, and adapts all setting to avoid condensation. Works perfectly and solved my condensation issues on a house with original windows at 20 years of age. No mold, no condensation and humidity is balanced nicely.
I've always been curious with your type - you joined so long ago, but have so few posts (and it doesn't appear it is because you only post in OT where it doesn't count), so very little activity, and yet a random post like this draws you out to respond. It is just interesting to me - do you browse on a daily basis still but just don't post really, or was today just the day you browsed the forums after having not been on for a significant period of time? There are many others like you, but it just seems like the most random of topics draws them in and I admit I'm curious as to why.

Also, I know a little about Barrie / Orillia, I used to drive up there for a client when I was working for the Big 4. How much farther north of Barrie?

I really liked the area. It has boomed considerably though, house prices are nuts. And I was reading somewhere that Barrie was actually the third highest priced rentals in Canada I believe - after Vancouver and Toronto. Which is crazy to me.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7567.50