Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 Tim View Post
Radiation Joe -- Curious why you think Alcon and PF are better than StopTech? Spill the beans. Inquiring minds want to know.
Performance Friction:
Used by NASCAR, CART, etc. Only BBK that isn't a BBK; the rotors are stock size (for the e46). This company knows what they are doing.

Alcon:
To be honest I though PTG used them on their cars, but a review shows they run Brembos (at least they used to).

I really don't have a good argument why PF or Alcon are any better or worse than Brembo or Stoptech. And I won't put up some BS argument to try to convince anyone that they are. My gut feeling is towards the PF and Alcon set-ups. I've heard about issues with Stoptech calipers flexing, but this is unsubstantiated. In fact when I started searching the internet, my impression of Stoptech improved.

Some good discussions can be found at the link below. Read through the thread as a lot of good information is presented. A search on Google can provide some enlightenment. As a person that doesn't and hasn't run a BBK, I should just bow out of this conversation as I'm just muddying the water with my ignorance. Sorry.

AudiWorld brake discussion

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0