badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I really don't have a good argument why PF or Alcon are any better or worse than Brembo or Stoptech. And I won't put up some BS argument to try to convince anyone that they are. My gut feeling is towards the PF and Alcon set-ups. I've heard about issues with Stoptech calipers flexing, but this is unsubstantiated. In fact when I started searching the internet, my impression of Stoptech improved.
Thanks for being straightforward and honest in your opinions, always appreciated. However, when it comes to Stoptech flexing that is a rumor I believe we can put to rest. As it's been proven that Brembo flexes more, Stoptech has a bridge that minimizes deflection so Stoptech does in fact flex less than Brembo. Not just a little stiffer, but twice as stiff! But Brembo would argue and quite rightfully so that flexing is not an issue with their calipers so there a point where it's good enough. So if people are complaining that Stoptech flexes, those same people should be complaining that Brembo flexes. In truth, they both have some amount of deflection but it would be insignificant. We're really getting into diminishing returns.