04-11-2019, 11:49 PM   #40
Tattooed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, G12, G30, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrob View Post
The X7 is my first BMW and the info on this thread has been very helpful. Thanks to all who have posted. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas on a couple of things.

(1) My production week 8 X7, ordered in December, was in Quality Check from March 14 until today, when the status changed to awaiting carrier assignment. The dealer and Genius line don't know why quality check took a month saying it usually lasts 2-3 weeks. Has anyone else seen that kind of delay? Should I be worried there is an undisclosed problem with the vehicle?

(2) Any idea how long it takes to get from the factory to Oxnard once a carrier is assigned? The dealer thinks it is 21 days, which seems like a long time, plus then time to trek from Oxnard to the Seattle area.

Appreciate any thoughts.
My X7 left the factory on March 12th. I was told by the Genius line that the trip takes two weeks to Oxnard. The train arrived on March 27 but the X wasn't "checked in" until the 29th. It was released to the carrier on April 1st. It left Oxnard on the 8th with an expected arrival of the 9th. It arrived on the second truck of the day, on the 8th (San Diego area).

I would think Oxnard to the Northwest would be about a week. Once it is checked in/assigned a carrier in Oxnard, the Genius line can give you a rough estimate when to expect it.
Appreciate 0