Raj
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' X3, 21' X7, Tesla Mdl S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskylarwilson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Uh oh. That doesn't seem like a good thing, if liquid spilled in the cupholders can go straight down and affect the airbags. Cupholders are a naturally wet location, which is why as it is, I'm nervous about them right next to a 12V outlet, USB port, and phone charging pad.

More than once in prevous cars, I've forgotten about a fast food cup that was empty except for ice, left in the car. The ice melted, eventually got soggy through the cup bottom, and water sat in the cupholder.
Thank you for the reply. It helps to have the validation that I'm not going crazy, and that I should be able to use the cup holders without risk of a safety failure. I also live in Arizona where lots of condensation can easily accumulate on the outside of an iced beverage in the summer heat and drip into a cup holder. I can see this as being a big issue for anyone with an X7 - which is a family car meant to hold children who can easily cause little spills.
I assume this is the center cup holder that is heated/cooled? I always wondered about fluid spills or condensation dripping into the heated/cooled cup holders.

Regardless, thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a potentially dangerous issue that BMW needs to own and fix. I personally don't think you should be paying for it. Before taking legal route, you can try reaching out to media outlets and see if they will be interested in taking this