View Single Post
      05-20-2021, 06:30 AM   #20
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Not if the problem is determined to be operator error or neglect. So despite the apparent very poor design decision to place a vital module below a cup holder (which could see moisture/liquids), leaving a partially full disposable cup for an extended period of time or even spilling a liquid in that spot would still be considered operator error or negligence. That said, if this issue happened enough (or worse, someone gets hurt or killed as a result of this poor design), BMW could be forced to address the issue - but the issue is not there yet…

Not defending BMW on this, but just calling it like I see it most likely playing out IMHO…
I think your right. BMW will calculate the $$$ risk to addressing the real world failures. Sounds like a piece of plastic over the module is all it takes for potential spills.

Porsche has always had little flip out cup holders in their 911’s that would hang above the climate and audio controls. It was like they were daring you to use it and if you did you knew the consequences if you spilled your drink.
Appreciate 0