View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post
Well I have run into a dilemma. Previously in Sept I ordered a 16inch tire and wheel setup from Tirerack. I put my exact car in their field, 2014 228i M-sport with non-msport brakes built before 02/14. Mine was built in 01/14. Anyway I triple checked with them about the setup and was assured fitment. So I ordered, the Sport A7 16x7.5 5-120 bolt pattern, with 205/55/16 Blizzak WS-80. They came in early sept, I unpacked them and stored until today when I went to bolt on car. Low and behold the garage said they would not fit on the front? So off course, I go to BMW dealer to ask about fitment of 16 inchers as they told me they had a 16 inch wheel/tire setup that would fit back in Sept going for 2350 + tax. Today I spoke with the assistant service manager who has a 228 msport like mine and said that when they tried to put the 16 inch setup on his setup it would not fit the front brakes. Apparently there is 3 brake setups with these cars, base model, msport regular, and msport with msport brakes (ie blue calipers and bigger?).
So anyway now I am stuck with this nice set of new never used winter tires and wheels. Tirerack seems unconvinced of my story, if as I put the data in correctly for their stats. I sent in pics of my OEM tire and wheel on the car as requested but no way right now to take off and try to put the 16 inch on front and take a pic, I would have to go back to a tire/wheel installer and tell them this and take a pic at that point. This is aggrivating . I guess 17 inchers and above is only way to go unless you have the base 228i.

attach is pic of my brake setup OEM.
Another reason to buy Canadian from your local wheel and tire shop.
Appreciate 0