View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #59
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I wonder how has BMW DSC progress over the years, I would guess the earlier implementation cuts off sooner (since they can't tune it as finely as they can do now).

The only time I can really recall track control kicks in was in a Hertz rental 2009? Mazda 6 in Ithaca, NY during a snowstorm (had to drive to NYC to get to JFK the next day, so...).

I can definitely feel the brake kick in, can't quite remember if I got the fuel cut feeling, back end definitely slide a few times for sure though...
I don't know how the programming of DSC changes from generation of vehicles to different models. I've had traction control step in on a number of occasions with my 135i when I had my winter tires on the car on dry pavement going in a straight line with only light throttle application. I think I've had traction control step in a couple of times with my summers on.

When I was doing the M Car Control Clinic, we were running with everything off except DSC. The weather conditions that day were not ideal as it was cold for May, windy, and rained off and on throughout the day. I pushed the M3C and M4C cars pretty hard and never felt DSC kick in. So I have to wonder for those that turn DSC off because of something they're doing on public streets.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00