View Single Post
      02-22-2020, 08:53 PM   #14
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison kayy View Post
I agree with you. It's never the same. I don't really trust dealers doing anything other than stuffing up a job.

Then again, I had no choice. Found a leak needed to get replaced didn't really have any other avenues to go down. As long as it doesn't leak anymore.

These things should be checked before they leave the factory. It's not a smooth process either. By the time all parts etc come took close to two months to get rectified. I think some form of compensation is necessary,

I don't know if anyone has kids and have to keep removing the baby seats and move them from car to car it's a bloody pain !!!
I'm sorry to hear about your leaking problem. I was worried about that myself. Fortunately, I've ran it through the touch-less car washes numerous times with no leaks. Plus, I live in one of the rainiest/wettest states in the US! That would be a total disaster for me considering the rainy high humidity climate I live in.

Lemon Laws in some states here in the US can protect buyers in 1st time defects in some cases. Possibly in your case if it were in the US.

I've used the "Lemon Law" myself here in the US. Although not with BMW but from Ford! You know the one right? "Fix Or Repair Daily" or "Found On Road Dead".

I'm guessing you don't have those options in Australia?

Either way, it's BS that we have to deal with this crap at this price point. However, this happens with every manufacturer out there no matter what the price point or the reliability record is for that brand.
Appreciate 0