akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
All guess work right now but in UK at least the Competition Pack M3 & M4 is around 5% price increase over the standard models so perhaps this can be a guide that can be used for the M2..

As the current N55 M2 will no longer be in production, I can only assume that the price increase won't be too much more otherwise they might lose out in this market sector and not to be too close to be taking sales away from the more expensive M3/M4 models
For example, here in Switzerland you can order a M4 CS, and there is a huge difference in the base price!

A base M4 is starting at 99k

A base M4 CS is starting at 148k, but quite packed with lot stuff

However, as you mentioned, its is not a CS and is more comparable to the competition package you order on a base one, so can't go up that much as it replaces the normal M2, so I guess the 5% are realistic...but I guess without all the options, like M seats and so on
I don't think it's comparable at all. it's replacing the old model, not a package you can order on top of the base model. it's got a new look on the front bumper. rumor is the car is now wider, maybe wider tires as well? engine getting changed. the engine is heavier, suspension will be retuned. Option for upgraded seats and brakes. M mirrors this time, why? Is it because BMW feels this is a whole new M2?

I would look at the base M3 price and the price of the competing brands similar models as a guide for where the new m2 price will fall.
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00