01-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #9
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebster View Post
Thank you for the highly aggressive sales pitch on the AP racing kit. Looks nice but I'm going to stick with Stop Tech. They also have quite a legacy with regards to Pro racing as well.
Sorry if I offended you. I was the Sales Mgr. at StopTech from 2003-2008, and helped build the company from its infancy. I'm intimately familiar with both their products and history in racing. I still have friends who I hired working there, and I certainly have nothing against the company. I am a track enthusiast too however, and I tend to exhaustively research all available options on a purchase of this magnitude. I just wanted you to be aware that there are other options available that offer more bang-for-the-buck, newer technology, etc.

Quote:
None of these responses answer my question which is has anyone fitted a stoptech trophy kit on a BMW M2? I am not asking about any other kits at this time or need recommendation from a sponsor for another kit.
In terms of wheel fitment with the StopTech STR-60 and those APEX wheels...Last week one of my customers checked our CP9668 caliper kit fitment with APEX. The fitment template he had them check was this one. APEX told him that that the EC-7 in the 18x9 ET31 does not clear our 9668 kit, however the 18x9.5 ET22 and 18x10 ET33 do clear without a spacer. Our CP9668 is wider than the STR-60. Our CP9660 caliper is narrower however (163.1mm wide), and more similar to StopTech (162.25mm wide). We know our CP9660 kit (template here) fits behind the OEM wheels without a spacer.

Assuming StopTech used a similar disc offset to us, it's probably safe to assume their kit will also clear the 18x9.5 +22. However, with the +35, you're pulling the wheel face in 13mm. I was playing with the 1010 tires offset calculator, and my gut tells me it's going to be close. Your best bet is to get your hands on the StopTech wheel fitment template, send it to Apex, and ask them directly. I just sent an email out to see if I could get a hold of the appropriate template for you. If you can't get your hands on the StopTech template, have Apex check our CP9660 wheel template on the 18x9.5 +35 wheel. If our CP9660 clears by a solid margin, you're likely pretty safe on the StopTech kit fitting as well.

Let me know if there's ever anything brake-related that we can help you with (with regards to AP or StopTech...I likely know more about their product than much of their current staff. ). Also, don't forget that the level of service you are receiving now and will receive during your ownership of the brake kit should factor into your purchase decision. Thanks for hearing me out, and good luck getting your brakes sorted and back on track. Being sidelined with brake issues always stinks!
Appreciate 1
LBBDrew336.00