View Single Post
      09-24-2022, 10:15 AM   #5
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

BMW headlights continue to shift from the greatest to the worst in the industry!.
A couple of things that I have noticed during the past 5-6 years with multiple generations now that I had multiple ones and years.

In 2016-2020 the BMW headlights on the 5-series used to have all the features that anyone want with just the LED headlights, including: Adaptive (fully, left-righ path following) lenses, Cornering lights!, fog lights, and as an option laser light.

Then, starting in 2019 at the intro of X7 for all gens 2019-2022 pre lci, the headlights have the following: Adaptive (fully ,left/right path following), fog light lights, BUT THEY SECRETLY and in a nasty way removed the cornering lights and made it available ONLY if you have the laser as an option (I bet half owners do not know that their cornering light spots are just capped if they don;t have the laser light option). I would not be exaggerating if I tell you that my 530e has much better light/clarity during night time driving than my X7, at least for cornering lights (I don’t have them as you only get them if you get the laser optioned, which BMW did not make it clear anyway). If you don’t get laser, the corner lights will be capped with a plastic cap inside the headlights!).

Now in 2023, No laser lights!, NO adaptive headlights! And I guess no cornering lights too but will have check. Yet, not to mention (and I know this is subjective), opting for a stupid split headlight design with some design flaws as others mentioned above, and to make it works, removing the fog lights!

It is a shame that with time BMW continues the trend of designing nearly naked vehicles! It is a shame, all to reduce cost. If BMW continues this trend, am switching back to Mbenz soon. Can’t understand the logic of remove half of the features that we all love such as adaptive lights, laser, rear door comfort access, physical buttons, aluminum-like finished buttons in some areas, etc etc etc. It’s truly a shame and am disappointed as an owner and fan.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 09-24-2022 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 6
supdes48.00
NOVA99162.50
KRS_SN13625.00
srbabu790106.00
alic9613.50