Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X7 x40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samX7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1984tx View Post
Yep that's it. It's the same with my 2023 X7. Without VLD enabled the pattern looks odd, though honestly I haven't found it overly distracting when driving. The only time I actually notice it is when I pull into the garage or park facing a wall.

I'm actively trying to find someone to code VLD and Anti-dazzle for me, but since iDrive 8 is a whole different animal than iDrive 7, my normal coding guy (coded VLD and anti-dazzle on my 2022 X7) wasn't able to gain access to anything.

Hoping he figures it out soon but am also talking to Bimmer-Tech to see if their coding team out of Europe is able to help.

If anyone knows anyone that can code iDrive 8, I'd appreciate the recommendation.
Did coding the anti dazzle on your 22 X7 void warranty?
It's only been to the dealership for it's schedule maintenance so far so I wouldn't be the best person to answer your question. I do know that dealerships can undo any codings quite easily by reloading its original code though. I would assume if they think it's a software issues they would reset the code and wipe out any changes as part of their troubleshooting.

Also there is a law in the US, can't recall the exact name of the bill, that prohibits manufacturers from voiding a warranty because someone did aftermarket changes. To what extent it applies to this situation I'd have to let someone who has actually issues with their car comment.

There is always the option of restoring the original code before you take it in for service.
Appreciate 0