View Single Post
      09-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #52
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme View Post
All of those negatives you mentioned? You're talking about a completely different car than the Gen V (2013 and newer). The new ones are phenomenal and the build quality is excellent. And if you want a smooth ride on public roads, you can get a GTS instead of the more hardcore TA.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Vip...-GT-2014-04-02
nope .. i'm talking about the Gen V. maybe they've cleaned up their QC, but they sent a car or cars to Motor Trend to test where the hood vent flew off, the seat wasn't bolted down properly, and i'm quite sure i read one review that said the exhaust was STILL causing damage.

i have zero personal experience with driving any Viper and have only been around them on the road, at shows, sales lots, etc so i can't speak from personal experience. but don't you think if you were to send a car to a major magazine to test/review you would make sure it was maybe your BEST car and not one that wasn't checked over by your QC department several times before being shipped off to be put through the ringer and then on YouTube?

Maybe (hopefully) this was a poor representation, which is why i qualified my complaints saying i sourced the info from motor trend…. hopefully it's not the norm.

but, after all is said and done, i still wouldn't kick one out of my garage and i'm sure i'd have a huge grin on my face driving one around!
Appreciate 0