View Single Post
      09-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #61
Divexxtreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Viper & Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
nope .. i'm talking about the Gen V. maybe they've cleaned up their QC, but they sent a car or cars to Motor Trend to test where the hood vent flew off, the seat wasn't bolted down properly, and i'm quite sure i read one review that said the exhaust was STILL causing damage.

i have zero personal experience with driving any Viper and have only been around them on the road, at shows, sales lots, etc so i can't speak from personal experience. but don't you think if you were to send a car to a major magazine to test/review you would make sure it was maybe your BEST car and not one that wasn't checked over by your QC department several times before being shipped off to be put through the ringer and then on YouTube?

Maybe (hopefully) this was a poor representation, which is why i qualified my complaints saying i sourced the info from motor trend…. hopefully it's not the norm.

but, after all is said and done, i still wouldn't kick one out of my garage and i'm sure i'd have a huge grin on my face driving one around!
You made some good points. I think you'll enjoy watching this round-table between MT staff, Randy Pobst, and Ralph Gilles (head of Viper development). They spend a lot of time discussing what happened with the pre-production Viper that lost the first comparison test to the ZR1, and then the changes they made to the production cars to correct those issues. It also turns out among many things, the test Viper had a rear tire toed out 1/8 of an inch and the brakes weren't bedded in yet.

Anyway, this video was very was interesting to me, and I want to thank you for making me research it. I now know a lot more about my car than I did previously, and I like it that much more.

CURRENT: '15 Macan Turbo, '14 Viper TA (#8 of 33 in White)
PAST: '07 Porsche 997TT 1054whp, '14 C7 Stingray Coupe - 7-MT, '13 GT-R 1137whp, '13 Porsche Cayenne GTS, '14 Porsche 991 GT3 (sold back to Porsche), '12 GT-R 900whp, '10 GT-R 1250whp, '10 GT-R 600hp, '03 Porsche 996 GT2 800whp, '01 Porsche 996TT 900whp, '06 Z06 722whp, '98 Supra 711whp, '01 M5, '05 M3, '03 M3 416whp

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-16-2014 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0