View Single Post
      09-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #62
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme View Post
You made some good points. I think you'll enjoy watching this round-table between MT staff, Randy Pobst, and Ralph Gilles (head of Viper development). They spend a lot of time discussing happened with the pre-production Viper that lost the first comparison test to the ZR1, and then the changes they made to the production cars to correct those issues. It also turns out among many things, the test Viper had a rear tire toed out 1/8 of an inch and the brakes weren't bedded in yet.

Anyway, this video was very was interesting to me, and I want to thank you for making me research it. I now know a lot more about my car than I did previously, and I like it that much more.

i do recall watching that video a while back when it was new .. i'll have to watch it again. i also remember MT taking credit (jokingly, perhaps) for the TA since they slammed SRT so badly on the white viper they tested.

i'm glad they worked out some of those issues … it would be frustrating having a $100k car that skipped the QC department so it's good to hear they're back on payroll. i'm also glad that you are enjoying your car and hope you continue to do so. thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0