geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcon View Post
I had put around 1500 miles on the stock suspension and now around 2K on the Dinan for reference. The overall ride is much improved in my opinion which seems contradictory to what you would think when doing a more "sport" type suspension setup. The only time I feel it a bit more rough would be on the absolute worst road surfaces (construction, non-maintained back roads, alleys, etc) but even then it is not bad. Does it make it a Lexus? No, but the overall ride quality is substantially enhanced in my opinion. Much more flat and planted in the corners and stable at higher speeds (not that I would ever break the speed limit) I wouldn't say night and day but a solid improvement and well worth the cost of admission.

It did lower the car slightly by roughly .75 in front/.40 rear which in my mind is perfect. Many people see it and wonder if it is even lowered....I like that fact. We think the same as I use the F87 as a DD and have a driveway that is rather steep so scraping is an issue for me. My 997 had KW Clubsports on it and is a real bitch to get in and out without either scraping the nose or the exhaust tips and was not something I wanted to deal with on the M2.

Overall I'd say the ride/handling combined improvement would be around 30% Ride/50-60% handling. Hope this gives you some idea
Are you going to the Malibu drive next weekend? Would like to check out the Dinan setup in person. I agree w/ all your points about the suspension and am interested in these. I do think the stock ride is fine though - its not too firm for me.
Appreciate 0