MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
This is absolute nonsense sorry. Apparently you must have your light set wrong, go to dealer and check alignment reference, perhaps calibration is off.

I do get flash at time to time and technically always from those who have headlights like a candle light,

I am sure there will be plenty of those who will exchange X5 for X7 perhaps you should post
This way you get simpler lights as you wish.
I agree with this being nonsense. The X7 headlight system is a 4 headlight system whether on low beam or on high beam. On high beam it just adds additional light to the already "on" low beams. On low beam people see 4 headlights and "think" that you have your high beams on because they have been conditioned over the years that when you see 4 headlights, the high beams are on. When/if people "flash" you just flash them back and move on. As info, the VW Atlas has a similar type system where there are 4 headlights on on both low and high beam. Thank goodness we are still not saddled with sealed beam systems!!! If you are still unhappy with the car after this explanation then just go and purchase a different car.....
Here is an image of the light functions, as you can see low beams and high beams come from top or bottom of the light lense
Attached Images

Appreciate 0