Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalamito321 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalamito321 View Post
Hello everybody I recent bought new wheels and had them installed with new tpms sensors at pepboys but they do not work and after bringing them to bmw they said 2 are low battery and the other 2 aren't reading, they quoted me 850$ to have new ones put on which is crazy. If I buy after market ones such as these is it just plug and play as in get them installed reset and go or is there more to it?

I have a 2015 xdrive model

https://www.autorimshop.com/bmw-m235...SABEgJFQ_D_BwE
Are you still under warranty? I bought some used TPMS sensors for my summer wheels and I figure if one is bad, I'll get to replaced it under the factory warranty. Is there a reason they didn't cover it ?
BMW doesent give you new ones for free my old ones are still in the old rims
If you put in some good sensors, you just have to re-initialized them in the iDrive menu. Or you could code out the bad sensors and you won't get an error messages anymore but it's risky; you won't be notified if one of the wheels hit some road hazard, like a pre-TPMS vehicle.
Yea I'm trying to ask if the sensors I linked will be plug and play where I can just reset and they work
Yes, it will. There is an RF reader by each wheel ready to adapt to each new sensor signal, so totally PnP.
I got new wheels though they're r v710s, so your telling me if i buy these and they put them in all I gotta do is reset in the idrive menu and I'll be fine
Yes. As long as the car gets a reading from each sensor, it will not give an error message, regardless of which wheel you're using. I bought some sensors cheap online, like $120 for 4. Keep digging in on EBay or member classified, you might get lucky and get some barely used.
Appreciate 0