View Single Post
      07-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #107
Thrangster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘22 m850 Convertible

Trying to ascertain rhyme or reason with my CarPlay glitches. For me, when the glitch occurs, the car either keeps trying to reconnect to the phone but never does, or, in a variation of the glitch, it connects but can only play music local on the phone - Siri, For You, and Sirius XM cannot access the Internet, and the phone itself can no longer browse, check email, or message
What works for me is a phone restart - then it connects.

The condition that may cause it is if I'm entering the car while still connected to a known/"normal" wifi access point (ie leaving my house and going to the garage). It appears to be with 100% certainty that I will experience the glitch as described, as thought the phone is not handing off correctly from the existing wifi point to the car wifi.

When I'm out and about, and approach the car, I'm pretty much only on cellular - in these situations, the iPhone picks up the BMW wifi and CarPlay seems to work without a hitch.

I still will experiment more, like joining a Dunkin or Starbucks wifi where I'm able to park very close (to mimic the scenario when at home) to see if the issue replicates.

So not conclusive as I'd need to test quite a bit more, but there is some sense of consistency for me with this behavior.

I'm running iOS 13 developer beta 3; not sure of my iDrive version - where is this located? (and what is the latest version so I can look into that also?)

Last edited by Thrangster; 07-15-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0