View Single Post
      01-03-2024, 04:33 AM   #18
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I and a couple veteran friends are scratching our heads how someone on active duty has the funds to afford a $150K+ car? Buying a car like that suggests an annual income of $500K+ year or a $5M net worth. The solider must have a doctor for a wife. Maybe this guy got saved from making a silly financial decision buying a crap Dodge product? I'm also amazed the suckers that are willing to pay this sort of money for a Dodge product.

All my veteran friends absolutely hate being pandered to or given special treatment and attention because of their prior service especially the "Thank you for your service" they get often. According to them, it's something that really didn't start happening until the 2001/Iraq/Afghanistan. They feel it's awkward, unnecessary, and just plain weird.

And for those wondering, this crap Dodge dealer apparently is trying to make things right. According to them, the wife wasn't overly responsive regarding arrangement to buy and pick up the car. Then it was going to be someone's dad, etc. Per them, that's when they choose to sell the car another sucker willing to pay $100K over MSRP. My God. It's still not clear to me if the original person actually put a deposit down or something else. This sounds like a combo of a super crappy, greedy dealer and a bit of miscommunication on the buyer's end.
I have no idea if this is the situation or not, but if you ever go to the Norfolk area (and maybe this situation exists in a lot of large military cities) there are an absurd number of American muscle cars. Hellcats, Trackhawks, GT350s, Camaro SS etc, etc as far as the eye can see. Young people joining the service that have never had money before and are totally irresponsible with it get big sign up bonuses and head straight to these dealers and put it all down and get loans with extortionary interest rates to buy the cars they always wanted.
Appreciate 2
M3WC3645.00