View Single Post
      05-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
BMW4Life2112
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
Please help INPA error messages and NCSEXPER problem!

Background info: I have followed DIY guide exactly to the letter. Running Vista (which stinks), using clear ebay cable, 09/07 build date.

INPA Problem: I am having two recurring INPA error messages. One of the messages comes up immediately upon start up of INPA application and the other occurs when I try to read the airbag module. The message reads:
Quote:
Warning

Registry Value Failed in SubKey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Serial
From searching numerous threads on all coding related forums I have found that the solution to the problem might be to go into the registry and change some values around, but I do not know how to go about this (exactly). The answer I found may be here (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1471268[/url]) post #5.

The second error message comes up when I try to communicate or read the airbag. When I go to Karosserie>Airbag (as in the DIY) pressing F5 doesn't do anything, but when I press enter button this error message comes up.
Quote:
Variant checking

Group file: D_SIM

IFG-0018: INITIALIZATION ERROR.

Program will be stopped
Edit: I just decided to skip INPA step. But if you can still help me with a solution I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I found out what was wrong with NCSEXPERT. I was not running the program "as administrator" once I did this I had no problems and was able to code my e90!

Last edited by BMW4Life2112; 05-09-2011 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: Fixed issue
Appreciate 0