View Single Post
      11-09-2009, 06:17 AM   #9
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Atrosis,

You have no knowledge of cars... You have understanding, perhaps, of what you are spending your money on. However, if you are gonna rant about the mechanical superiority of stock BMW exhaust, you minus well just skip over these threads and move along. Your opinion is noted.

If you have ever removed a stock BMW exhaust and seen the amount of unnecessary bends and restrictions throughout the exhaust, you would never make such an ignorant comment about it. I had said earlier that I owned a heavily modified 335i. I derived a ton of pleasure from modifying and driving that car. And it didn't have a sub or racing stripes or fart can exhaust. It's people like yourself who would rather turn their nose up at people like myself than see it for what it is. An extension of the options process that every owner of every car goes through when personalizing an automobile. Every mod I put on my previous car had a very specific reason. I have pages of data which shows the ineptness of the I/C and O/C (Intercooler and Oilcooler) of the N54..(N54 by the way is the engine code on the 35i). They are even more lacking at higher HP levels.

Exhaust does more than make sounds and emit C02. Imagine you breath in through the air box and exhale through your exhaust. The car can only breathe as fast as it exhales. Therefore, the less restriction your exhaust has the more air can be inducted, resulting in more HP.

I only explain this because you tried to compare putting exhaust on a car to.. buying a knock off louis vutton bag. Go get some sleep..
Appreciate 0