01-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
ferocity02
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Lux V6 vs. MTEC V4 Angel Eyes for Pre-LCI E90

Application: Pre-LCI E90 with factory xenon lights

I’ve had the MTEC V4 angel eyes for about 6 months now and recently heard that Lux just came out with their new V6 version which they claim is the brightest out there. I figured I’d get them and see how they stack up against the MTEC bulbs.

MTEC V4:
~$140

Lux V6:
~$125

I didn’t post wattage numbers because I feel like they just add confusion, plus I couldn’t find comparable values between the two bulbs.

I installed one of the Lux V6 angel eyes in one headlight and left the MTEC V4 in the other. The difference between the two is minimal, the Lux is negligibly brighter. I had to stare at it for a good 10-20 seconds before I could notice that it was barely brighter. This was at night too when the brightness difference should be more apparent. The color is exactly the same between the two. Both fade in and out when locking and unlocking the doors.

The Lux V6's appear to be high quality and durable. Good packaging as well. I wrapped the connectors in heat shrink tubing after connecting them. The blade connectors leave some metal exposed which could short out on the body of the bulb if both wires are touching the body at the same time. It would be very unlikely for this to happen, but just a concern I had.

Overall, the Lux V6's are nice, bright, all for a good price. If Lux's claim is true that the V6 is the brightest out there, then I think the MTEC V4 is a very close 2nd.

Now for the pictures… For fun I won’t say which bulb is which just yet. First 4 pictures are in direct sunlight. You can barely tell the AE’s are even on. Later tonight I will get some pictures around dusk and maybe night pictures if my camera cooperates (sorry for the dirty car, but I did clean the headlights!)

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

2013 135is DCT Carbon Black Metallic

Last edited by ferocity02; 01-27-2015 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 0