View Single Post
      06-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I had interviewed with Cisco twice. First time wasn't bad. But a bit nerve wracking. For the tech interview I sat in a conference room where I was being asked questions by 3 CCIEs. Had to go white board some network topologies. Job opportunity didn't work out.

Second go around I had no less than 9 separate interviews. 5 of them were with CCIEs each went over an hour to two hours. Obviously, they were technical with each one covering a different aspect of network technology. One of the 5 was the worst as it was with a Cisco fellow. This is one of those guys where he gives key note speeches at Cisco events and will always have a job as long as Cisco is an entity. He rapid fired questions at me. Had me design out a data center/campus network deployment on the fly and was modifying requirements as we went along complete with how I would set up the IP schema for the network and then how I would handle wireless. I thought I was going to drop over from exhaustion after he finished with me.

Anyways, I know three former coworkers that work at AWS. They're on the sales side with one of them in management and the other two in executive management/director positions. They haven't gone anywhere so I guess it's ok where they are.
Appreciate 0