07-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #8
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsbma View Post
No, the volume was also an issue. It droned and I definitely didn't want that either. I've done as loud as you can go, I had straight pipes on my e46. So until I decide to go with an actual exhaust system, I'd rather keep it stock.
I drive mostly city so I think I can live with the drone. (I hope.) If it's not what I wanted, I'll take it back to the muffler shop and undo everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyadz View Post
I have a muffler delete on my 06 325 and for starters it's really not that loud it's loud but it's not to loud if you know what I mean. I kinda wish it was louder but I'm 17 so my judgment of loud is probably a bit different then most of the members here.

In terms of how it's sounds well under 3.5 k it's sounds very rich and deep but after that it's sound like a screeming whistle and sounds like complete and utter shit. But for me it's still fun to make it crack and Pop and can sound good in certain situations. However if you can afford a real exhaust do one.
That's the thing, I can't afford a real exhaust Yeah I just want to see if it will make the sound more interesting, at the very least. Your comment about the exhaust note after 3.5K is concerning, though-- is it really that bad, or you just wish it was a little better?