View Single Post
      11-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb BMW X7 Prototype Finally Emerges! (Spy photo and video)

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW X7 Prototype Finally Emerges!
COMMENTS

September 24, 2018:

The latest sighting of the G07 BMW X7 brings us the best look yet at a nearly production interior, with a dash design in the vein of the new interior styling language introduced by the new 8 Series. Some of the plastic trim pieces still look pre-production quality, but check out the beautiful two-tone leather and alcantara headliner and 3-row seating.

The first ever BMW X7 will have its online reveal next month, followed by a reveal at the LA Auto Show in November.

BMW X7 Interior Spied in Near Production Form

August 14, 2018:

The latest BMW X7 prototype hits the Nurburgring.

July 16, 2018:

The X7 has dropped more camouflage and now wears production paint. We also give you a first look at the X7 interior!

This bit of info has come to light since our last X7 update, via our BMW oracle ynguldyn @ https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=901686

Both G05 X5 and G07 X7 xDrive50i will replace their launch version of N63 (456hp) with the same new 530hp engine and become X5/X7 M50i. Here's finally your explanation why they were sticking with "xDrive50i": "M50i" was reserved for the more powerful engine.

BMW X7 Spied Inside and Out

Update - March 20, 2018:

The X7 prototype has dropped virtually all camouflage, save for some remaining camo wrap, giving us a very accurate look at what the production X7 will look like. Clearly visible now are the shapes of the headlights, front bumper, tail lights, rear reflectors and front fender vent.

BMW X7 Prototype Reveals Production Styling

Update - December 14, 2017:

It's been months since we spotted the last X7 prototype, but here it is wearing all new camouflage. The G07 X7 will be introduced in 2018, at nearly the same time the next-gen G05 X5 is launched. The X7 will come to the U.S. in x40i, x40d, and x50i models and will be very similar mechanically to G05 X5, with the main differentiation in creature comforts and the 3rd row specific configuration. There will be 6 and 7-seat versions and climate control will have 5 independent zones.

BMW X7 Prototype Re-Emerges

Update - July 5, 2017:

Here is the first video of the X7 testing on the Nurburgring.

Update - April 25, 2017:

It looks like BMW has brought out its full lineup of upcoming models, as its future flagship SUV, the X7, has now also taken its first laps on the Nurburgring.

BMW X7 First Laps on Nurburgring

Update - January 23, 2017:

Have a first live video look at the BMW X7 prototype. Not only does it look tough, but sounds it as well. The X7 is expected to be revealed next year and land at dealers in 2019. The U.S. will get x40i, x40d, and x50i models, while the rest of the world will also get the x30i and x30d (source).

11/20/16:

It's been nearly 3 years since the BMW X7 (G07) was officially announced to be coming, and although mules using other models have been spotted, no actual full body prototype has been spotted until now!

The X7 will be BMW's first true 3-row 7-passenger SUV. BMW has said that it will not just be an extended wheelbase X5 and will have its own identity. As for size, the prototype seen here is clearly much larger than the X5, with a longer rear door and roofline. The large glass moonroof looks to be panoramic and the huge front grille takes on a vertically stretched orientation like that seen recently on the next gen X5 prototype.

As the flagship SUV in BMW's lineup, the X7 will also be offered in an even higher luxury version. "We will make a higher luxury version of it as well. So in the same way as you take a 7 Series and you bring in the Individual bespoke service as with Rolls Royce," said Ian Robertson previously. This ultra luxurious version is expected to debut after the standard X7.

The BMW X7 will be revealed in 2018 and compete directly with the Mercedes GLS Class, Audi Q7 and Range Rover. When it comes to market in 2019, the U.S. will get x40i, x40d, and x50i models, while the rest of the world will also get the x30i and x30d (source).

BMW X7 Prototype Spotted!

Appreciate 7