View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 05:34 AM   #1
Amack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: EB 2016 M235i

Hey Guys,

So I finally picked up my M235i last week from BMW Sydney.

EB
Oyster
M Performance Front Splitter
M Performance Grills Black
Hexagon Interior.
comfort package
Carbon Fibre Mirrors (Fitted)
Carbon Firbe Spoiler (Not Fitted)
Carbon Fibre Diffuser (Not Fitted)

$73000 + stamp duty + extended warranty

Initial thoughts so far:

So I drove Sydney to Canberra then onto Melbourne a few days after. 2 parking tickets and 1 speeding fine later I had just clicked over 1800ks and boy it really is 1 hell of a car.

I thought mid way through my order maybe I had made the wrong choice with Oyster, but after spending some time already in the car I can say I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, dye from your clothes will appear quickly, however if your quick to wipe it off you really cant go wrong. I worked at an automotive upholstery shop for a number of years and some water and a cloth = no dramas. The leather is soft and the hexagon finish I feel sets it off nicely, however Ill be covering all of them with alcantara next week.

Performance wise, the car goes. Im impressed by the different modes and how you can go from silent to deadly in a press of a button. It feels like im driving a go kart, a very fast one at that.

I did think however in sport mode it would be slightly louder note to the exhaust and the turbo spool would be noticeable.

1 thing ive noticed and it might be just me but when in eco mode, the car doesn't know if it wants to be in 7th or 8th gear.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]