10-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #14
tenkies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
I replaced all the pipes at the same time which made removing the stock DV pretty easy and installing the TS a little easier. A ball allen is a must have but also, I found a very small ratchet to be invaluable, I could get it up over the water pump (bolts removed) with an extension and I could turn the bolts because the ratchet was so small. I picked it up years ago as an impulse purchase while checking out at AutoZone.

The harder job for me was installing the PCV hose onto the Pure Turbo intake pipe. It looked like the little set screw was in the same position as the self tapping screw on the stock pipe but it is not! Once the pipe is installed, it's closer to the 6 o'clock on the Pure Turbo vs 4 o'clock on the stock pipe. I could not get it to thread and ended up removing the intake pipe again, installing the hose and working the whole lot back into position. The MST V2 looks to be more in line with the stock pipe position so if I were doing it again...
I think I had the same experience as you. It took me longer to remove and replace the intake pipe and PCV than doing the TS diverter.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN20158.00