View Single Post
      04-13-2017, 10:48 AM   #2
Big Nodge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

I coded out my EDC error. I did it myself, not too hard if you have gotten familiar with coding. Doesn't take 3-4 hours. It had no impact on the steering feel. Well an aftermarket suspension can make the whole car handle tighter, but I wouldn't traditionally call that steering feel. The only think I can think of that is relevant to steering feel: if you don't disable EDC somehow you get a check control light and the car is locked in comfort mode. So if you replace your adaptive suspension with something passive and don't either code it out or get an EDC delete kit to work, you'll be stuck in comfort with the softer steering and throttle response.

I have a thread on this board titled "EDC: to keep or not to keep, that is the question". Or something like that. I go over the coding procedure I used in that thread. My shop thought they might be able to code it, but I wanted to know exactly what was done so was more comfortable learning the procedure and doing it myself. There are plenty of materials on the coding sub-forum to get comfortable if you are willing in invest the time.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
XKxRome0ox1587.50