Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard59 View Post
Thanks a lot for the information, this was very helpful. I ordered them through Amazon, my X7 didn't come with anything, not even a spare tire. I eventually found a center point in the center where the engine is where I could use the floor jack. Does the X7 come without a jack and spare because of the run-flat tires? Do you have to turn off the air suspension every time you take off a wheel or have the SAV on a jack? Is that just for safety reasons or for something specific?
I would not jack up the X7 from under the engine as I don't remember seeing a center jack point under there the last time I looked (and I don't remember seeing a center jack point described in the manual). Not all vehicles have a center jack point under the front subframe (e.g. under the engine). Just use one of the 4 factory jack points along the sides. While the BMW jack pad adapters are nice, they are not necessary if your floor jack has a nice, flat surface that will fit properly on the factory jack pad. I use the jack pad adapters sometimes, but don't if I get a bit lazy….

Also, you don't need to disable the air suspension to change a tire. After you finish changing your tire, the air suspension should reset itself within a few minutes of driving. This was my experience when I recently removed a wheel/tire to plug a slow leak from a screw I picked up.

You can see where I put my jack in the picture below (bottom right corner of pic). The other pic is what the factory space saver spare looks like if you wanted to retrofit a kit…
Attached Images

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1