02-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #7
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashmehrotra View Post
Hi folks

I am a bmw devote however given the price point of X7 - I am deliberating model X vs X7. Heart is definitely on the latter, but given future is electric Model X is more the future ready car.

Would love to hear thoughts on why X7 over model X.

Thanks
I currently have a Model X trading for the X7. This is my third Model X. My X7 should be in next week. My thoughts:

1. The Model X is more of a simple interior design, it’s nice but not plush if that makes sense.

2. As most have said the infotainment on the Model X to me is outstanding. Large screen, great maps, it’s own LTE network etc. I will miss that. It does everything I need wonderfully. The negative as I move to point 3.

3. Tesla cheapened out on sound proofing their cars. No double windows and no sound proofing on the floor. It has a few negative side effects. The Tesla is a silent vehicle, you hear everything. The road noise gets so loud on the interstate you can’t talk on the Bluetooth most of the time. They did refine the air suspension recently but IMO they need to invest in making the car quieter.

4. I’ve never had a single failure in mine, I’m lucky as they have had some problems. They are fast, and look unique, grab a lot of attention with the doors. However, at the end of the day I want a quiet, smooth ride, and they aren’t there yet.

5. Charging, I drive locally and I barely use any battery per day and save a lot of money in gas and oil. It’s just the truth of it. Mine goes 325 miles on a charge. Long trips never any issue with a supercharger.

6. Like most people have said give them another 5 years and look out. I have a Tesla truck on order and will see how that looks and works out.

For now I’m going to enjoy the quiet, awesome ride of this X7 with a plush interior while listening to great tunes on that great BW system.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50