12-02-2021, 09:51 AM   #21
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucla98 View Post
Cons:
- The driving assistance pro is not as good as the Tesla's autopilot. But it is better than having nothing. It works great in a traffic jamp situation. I am spoiled with this self-driving feature. When I leased the X7, I had to pick the car that has this driving feature.
An acquaintance of mine is on his 3rd tesla (two S, one 3) and he says BMW's assisted drive pro is better than tesla autopilot based on his experience.

Also earlier this year, I had dinner with a relative of my co-worker who currently owns a X and a 3, he says he does not use autopilot because it's so unreliable.

I find BMW's assisted drive pro to work very well. Have done about 4k miles in the last 4 months using assisted drive. The only situation it didn't work well was when we were in the winding mountain roads of Yosemite.

My neighbor was going to buy a tesla thinking "autopilot" meant she didn't have to drive at all. She could simply get in the car, tell it where she wants to go and it would take her there. There's tesla marketing for ya. I have heard that from many individuals, thinking "autopilot" means the car will do 100% of the driving and you just have to tell it where you want to go.
Appreciate 0