View Single Post
      01-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
mjcecil
Sometimes, I wear a cape...
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
That might be a tough sell to a "qualified" installer for the obvious reason, so might be best to rent some rack time, get the help of a knowledgeable friend and DIY. It not that difficult.
No, I get that.

I've actually done this myself before (had to do a lot of this stuff back in the days when my M3 note was essentially all I could afford), and you are correct... With the appropriate tools (or, in the case of the piston compressor, a pretty passable approximation), it's pretty straightforward.

That said, I simply don't have the time or the patience anymore. Hence the desire to have somebody do the two-hour service.

A little background on this one: I was quoted a grand at basically everywhere to do the brake pads/rotors/sensor for the rear only. This virtually always included seven hundred dollars in rotors and pads. I knew I could cut the parts cost in half, and still get a quality set (Thanks, Turner!). The whole shebacng was about $300 in parts. Now I'm looking to get somebody to do the greasemonkey part. (I have had a lister already reply with a suggestion, so it looks like that's going to go nicely)

-Mark