shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcecil View Post
No, I get that.

I've actually done this myself before (had to do a lot of this stuff back in the days when my M3 note was essentially all I could afford), and you are correct... With the appropriate tools (or, in the case of the piston compressor, a pretty passable approximation), it's pretty straightforward.

That said, I simply don't have the time or the patience anymore. Hence the desire to have somebody do the two-hour service.

A little background on this one: I was quoted a grand at basically everywhere to do the brake pads/rotors/sensor for the rear only. This virtually always included seven hundred dollars in rotors and pads. I knew I could cut the parts cost in half, and still get a quality set (Thanks, Turner!). The whole shebacng was about $300 in parts. Now I'm looking to get somebody to do the greasemonkey part. (I have had a lister already reply with a suggestion, so it looks like that's going to go nicely)

-Mark
I hear you, guess we all get to that point where our limited time(in a busy world)is sometimes better spent elsewhere, especially if we have the financial means to do so. Hope you get to a satisfactory solution, the members here have great ideas and helpful info, so good luck with it. And yes, I do agree M brake jobs are insanely expensive, buying OEM parts and avoiding full markup dealership prices is just plain good common sense.

Last edited by shortseller; 01-13-2016 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0