02-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #17
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
Hi all,

Looking for opinions on which to go with first or at all? They are both around the same cost and I'm having a hard time deciding between going with the visual mod or the audible mod first.

Anyone have both that would chose one over the other if they could only have one? Pros and Cons of either?

My concerns with both:

Splitter
- Reduced front end clearance. Anyone taken before and after install measurements?
- Having to drill in to the bumper. Non-reversible without either having holes in the bumper or having the have the holes filled and painted.
- I also have clear bra installed that does wrap under the bumper. Am I going to have to remove it for the install? Anyone run in to this problem?

MPE
- I'm really not sure how loud it is as I've yet to witness one in person. Hoping I can find someone local that has one that I can meet up with. I've heard a few people mention it drones at cruising speed...Anyone have any video at cruising speed?
- No performance gains for "Performance" exhaust

Both are ridiculously overpriced, so that's a moot point

TIA
Definitely do the CP splitter first, it will transform the look of the car. Its important to remove part of the PPF where splitter will go, so it sits level/flush and wont give you problems down the road.

The MPE is okay but seriously sometimes you wont feel its there, let alone someone else.
Appreciate 0