View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
YMS
Y Motorsport
Rep
Drives: M4 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryf View Post
Fun project. Will you be gutting the interior as well?
The car will still have complete interior after the roll cage has been put in. Some of the interior panels will be cut and reupholstered. The goal of the whole build is to create a street registered track car that could have been produced by the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
Subbed!

Will be interesting to see the GT4 rear end and electronics.

Are you going to replace some windows with lexan?
We will try to retain as much glass as possible. The car will still be driven often on the street even after the roll cage has been put in. You can follow @ymotorsport on instagram if you wish to follow the build more closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Whoa! awesome stuff. You've tracked the GTS in near stock form? Interested in as much feedback as possible on the various mods
Thank you! I have not driven the car on track in stock form. The closest was when the car still had the OEM KW clubsports but all the Fall Line Motorsport suspension parts were installed. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Subbed. I'm gathering info on doing a much, MUCH, milder version of track prepping my GTS. This is going to be a wealth of information! Cant wait to hear some feed back?

How did the Motons compare to the stock suspension?

Also, did you keep the stock billet knuckles? Or did you change to the civic m4 knuckles to accommodate the new dampers?
The Motons are definitely a higher end damper than the OEM KW Clubsports but the OEM KW Clubsports are designed for the GTS. If I can recall correctly, the OEM KW Clubsports are different internally and externally to the non-GTS version of the KW Clubsports. They were also designed in conjunction with the billet knuckle which I am not using on my car at this moment. If you are an advanced driver and know exactly what you want out of the car, then I would say get something like the Moton 3-ways. We run the M4GTS as a professional race team and there have been scenarios where the Motons were slower than the KWs. This occurred when we were doing dampers setting sweeps so if someone does not know what they're doing, they could really mess up the balance of the car. The Motons are a great damper especially having the external canisters which lets you do changes without jacking up the car.

We have a set of Ohlins TTX 4-way on the way that are built for the billet knuckle. The billet knuckle has a 2 bolt clamp and an inner diameter of 55mm and the cast knuckle is a single bolt clamp with an inner diameter of 62mm. Standard M4/M3 suspension can not be fitted to the GTS knuckle unless a sleeve is made. You can follow @ymotorsport on instagram if you wish to follow the build more closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you!
Appreciate 2
Lienrocs704.50
clee1982797.50