View Single Post
      01-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaF87 View Post
Curious if anyone knows factory rates. I'm looking to run a spring with factory dampers, and prefer a linear setup and want a rate that's more aggressive than off the shelf H&R's or Eibachs. When looking for Swift's, I only came across M3/M4 specifics and their rates, which seem rather high, and I'm concerned about the valving on factory dampers at that rate.

My concern is twofold:

A ~15% in spring rate is negligible to me. I need something more than that.

A quality damper with proper valving for spring rate in my experience (including on an M2) in off the shelf coilover form is too expensive. Rode on a set of KW V3's and it was bouncy as hell. If I'm going to spend Ohlins or AST money, I better be tracking it everyday (which I'm not).

So I'm looking to try out a spring for factory dampers (they look beefy as hell, I'm just not sure of what rate they are valved for), and work on from there. If I need to upgrade damper afterward I will. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Why not go with Dinan’s setup?

Springs are linear, slightly stiffer than stock, reuse factory dampers, and can adjust ride height and corner balance.

There’s a lot less roll & pitch, it remove the bounciness from the factory progressive setup, while being more comfortable over small/medium bumps, and a little harsher over big bumps.
Appreciate 0