View Single Post
      06-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #10
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Yeah, I definitely think I'd love it. I'm just still hesitant. Never have done anything like that before. Still worried about warranty, legality, and trusting an O2 sim, which I know nothing about. Googling for an N55 one hasn't helped, I'm still confused as to what's reliable and what's bogus, and how the product even works.

Lots of unknowns for me, and I don't feel comfortable doing it unless there is nothing left unanswered. I actually found out about this DP from that thread! Great stuff in there, but I'm still a noob when it comes to DPs.
Well, going catless is always going to be illegal, although not enforced anywhere. And, unless you have a mod friendly dealer, or remove the DP when taking the car in, there's always a risk with regard to engine warranty repairs. Luckily, the N55 is stout, so engine issues are rare.

Nothing to worry about using the o2 sim. Nothing is at risk using it, nothing can be harmed or anything like that. Technically, you only ever need to use it for a day or two before you take the car in for inspection with the DP on (the other alternative is to spend the hour or two removing the DP before inspection and installing the factory one).

The sim just mimics the o2 sensor's behavior if it were subjected to an exhaust stream which included a catalyst. It's based on a mathematical model of cat behavior.

This is the ONLY sim which works on an N55...and took years to develop. It was so hard to get one working on the N55, many reputable companies stopped trying (BMS, etc.):

http://www.amazon.com/simulator-****.../dp/B01A9NC26W

(Just google ****** o2 sim, and find the link on Amazon)

He developed it on the N55 forums using members as testers, only perfecting it over the winter, and got banned when he didn't register as a vendor. Good guy, and it works, 100%. Easy peasy.

Although he did raise the price...think I bought mine for $60.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0